HaftiX is a computer application which allows transforming any picture, image or photo into cross stitch pattern (a chart). Thus you can quickly prepare your own, unique diagram along with a legend.
It is available in the following versions:
- free - a limit of printing only small patterns
- hobby - fully functional ($12.80, install free version and click "Register" to buy)
- commercial - fully functional ($36.80, install free version and click "Register" to buy)
Probably world largest cross stitch pattern was designed in HaftiX.
The application shows how the ready-made cross-stitch will look like. It is equipped with easy to use and helpful edition tools, it minimizes the number of colours, calculates the use of threads and their cost, creates patterns from colours selected by the user, prints them, etc..
It has a database of embroidery floss: Ariadna, DMC, Anchor, Madeira, Puppets and Anchor tapestry wool.
The application may be downloaded for free and used for unlimited period of time. The main limit in the non-registered version is that it prints only one page of pattern. If you need the application for small patterns, you may have it completely for free.
To use HaftiX, you need a computer with:
- operating system: Windows XP, 2000, Vista or newer;
- colour monitor with minimum screen resolution of 800x600.
- printer (optionally, it is possible also to cross-stitch from the screen);